Saturday, March 28, 2009

Smorgasbord Saturday

Eight days until opening night baseball, nine days until opening day...

"Confused at the Ranch" is a title that seems to encapsulate what the experience of listening to "Zeb at the Ranch" is like. Go read this piece.

I'm not in the mood to go into any amount of detail about my feelings on Obama's gaffe on Jay Leno, but I am happy to see that Special Olympics is taking this unfortunate spotlight to teach people about their organization, the developmentally disabled and eliminating the r-word.

While you're happily reading these links, check out this piece from Byron Yankey's blog. I really like his suggestion that had the technology existed, Ben Franklin and John Adams may well have been bloggers. A lot of that generation, I think, because of their dedication to writing letters may well have made excellent bloggers.

Two interesting, but not completely unrelated letters to the editor of the Times-News. One fueled by recent events; another fueled by, well I'm not sure, but I was in fact invited to the "tea party."

In case you don't read Smithsonian, there is a great piece about Boise with fabulous photographs by a guy I'm quite impressed by--Glenn Oakley. Go check it out.

That's all folks.

4 comments:

Chessbumbus said...

Hi!

You have a nice blog here. As you are interested in chess - wellcome to visit: http://www.chessgambiter.blogspot.com

Free chessbook downloads, game analisis, chessnews...

Chessgambiter

Tara A. Rowe said...

Thanks for the info. I suck at chess, but I'll give it a look.

Byron said...

Thanks Tara for the paragraph. Chris(the unequivocal notion) has taught me much. He has helped me frame a perspective about bloggers and has caused me to read widely. He has helped me discover sites like yours and that has lead me to many more. I am on a campaign to get my peers to see the value of blogs and join in reading to discover new ideas and new perspectives. We all have much to learn from each other.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Byron, I enjoy your blog and you are absolutely right--we have much to learn from one another.