Monday, May 11, 2009

Summer Reading List

In case you're interested, I've posted my summer reading list in the sidebar. For your convenience, here it is as well (links to each of these titles appear in the sidebar):
  • Assassination Vacation
  • Finger Lickin' Fifteen
  • Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
  • Late Innings
  • Mad In America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, and The Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill
  • My Father's Tears
  • Run For Your Life
  • Swimsuit
  • Take the Cannoli: Stories from the New World
  • The 8th Confession
  • The Deputy
  • The Eliminationists: How Hate Talk Radicalized the American Right
  • The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder
Surely I'll be adding a few more titles as I get settled into my summer schedule.

3 comments:

darike88 said...

I'm a James Patterson fan, he's an easy read (with millions of chapters).

I just ordered The Eliminationists from Amazon. It sounds interesting.

-darlene

Tara A. Rowe said...

I've read dozens of Patterson novels and I *still* haven't figured out how the man decides on when a new chapter will begin. I think it must just be how he's feeling at that particular moment because there sure are a TON of chapters!!

darike88 said...

I got my youngest stepdaughter, who wasn't much of a reader, to get into books by giving her the Maximum Ride series. The fact that the chapters were so short helped her get over her reading issues and she's been on fire ever since.

I can't get her to read Harry Potter or Eragon or anything else I think is cool, but she is reading Stephanie Meyer, so I guess I'll just be happy that she's reading and let it be.

-darlene