Sunday, June 7, 2009

Books, Books Everywhere

Somehow when books are stacked up they look more voluminous than when they are neatly lined on shelves. No, my books aren't usually stacked in the kitchen and yes, that is a stove you see between the stacks. My house is about to be in the midst of getting new flooring and it currently is upside down. In the four years (it'll be exactly four years tomorrow) I've lived here, I've gone from one bookshelf with a few milk crates of books to seven book shelves. And my collection is always growing.

Here are two new books I received from a wonderful friend in Arkansas. I've added these titles to the summer reading list (emphasis denotes books already finished): Alex Cross's Trial (Releases in August); America Back on Track; Assassination Vacation; Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Releases later this month); Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe; Late Innings; Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill; My Father's Tears; Run for Your Life; Swimsuit (Releases later this month); Take the Cannoli: Lessons from the New World; The 8th Confession; The Deputy; The Eliminationists: How Hate Talk Radicalized the American Right; The Mindbody Prescription; and, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder.

No comments :