Friday, July 31, 2009

Another Friday Night

I believe in the press they call this taking out the trash or the Friday news dump. I'm going to take a couple days off from the blog and wanted to post a few things before I do. Apparently I posted 41 times in July. 42 times in 31 days if you count this post. That's just insane.

Here are a few stories/articles/posts that have caught my attention this week and are worth a read (consider this the bulleted list version of a smorgasbord):
  • "The 'Curse' of Idaho's First District" via MountainGoat Report. Also worth noting that a few other colorful characters have held the 1st CD seat including Larry "Widestance" Craig and the womanizing Steve Symms. It's hard to believe that a seat that has been held by a brilliant state historian, Burton French, Gracie Pfost, and perhaps the most qualified Idahoan elected to the seat, Abe Goff, has also been held by the likes of Sali, Chenoweth, and the Running Man (aka Minnick). I guess we've been fairly lucky in the 2nd CD. Well, minus the very large and humiliating George Hansen hiccup...
Still no sign of Robert Manwill, but nobody is giving up hope. The baseball trade deadline has come and gone. And Lou Dobbs is still a wingnut goading crackpot. Pretty sure I can stand to take a break for a couple of days.

No comments :