Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Middle of the Week Mélange

If you missed my post on gubernatorial papers and the differences between former elected officials from the Idaho GOP and Idaho Democrats, scroll on down or check it out here.

I have every intention of still posting the Cronkite tribute I mentioned on Saturday, I just haven't made it to the topic yet. I'm afraid my post on Cronkite will come late, just as my post on McNamara did. I never anticipated the Sotomayor hearings taking as much time, both writing and otherwise, as they did. So, I'm behind a half dozen or so posts.

For those of you reading this now (as opposed to after 6pm), don't forget President Obama is holding a prime time press conference on health care reform this evening. If you turn a tv on, I can't imagine you'll miss it. That's another post I'd like to get to--my take on health care reform and my own experiences with health insurance throughout my life especially here lately.

I try to keep up with Steve Clemons of the Washington Note, but I miss things from time to time. However, today, his post "Note to White House: Netanyahu is Obama's Khrushchev" caught my attention. Go check it out if foreign relations is your thing...or even if it isn't.

In baseball news, former Braves first baseman Adam LaRoche has been traded to the Boston Red Sox. He'll be joining former Atlanta teammates J.D. Drew and Mark Kotsay. I think LaRoche is one of the decent guys in baseball and he just doesn't get enough recognition. It is unfortunate that he won't be playing with his younger brother Andy for the Pirates anymore, but even more unfortunate is that the Pirates are trading off all of their talent (McLouth went to Atlanta in a surprise deal not long ago). The Pirates will get two prospects in the trade. It's no wonder Freddy Sanchez and Jack Wilson aren't signing on for additional years in Pittsburgh at this stage in the game.

One other bit of baseball news is the unfortunate story Erin Andrews of ESPN finds herself stuck in. She appears to have been a victim of a peeping tom with a video camera. The Red Sox and Rangers will be facing off here shortly--we'll see if Andrews surfaces. I'd probably hideout in my house for months if I were in her shoes.

Around the Idaho blogosphere, Sisyphus is keeping tabs on the kiss-ins in Salt Lake on the LDS temple grounds; Wordsmith has the latest on a captured Idaho soldier; Gary Eller has two posts over at In the Middle that are worth a read ("American Soldiers" and "Double Standards"); and, Chris keeps things rolling over at Treasured Valley with a promised second phase to this project of his that somehow has turned into, in my humble opinion, the biggest site going in Idaho right now.

I'll try to catch up with the blogging, I just keep getting sidetracked by other stories. It's only Wednesday, there's time...

2 comments:

darike88 said...

I agree that Chris has something fabulous going. I have no idea, is this his day job? Because he's positively wearing me out...how does he find all that stuff, and post all those links plus stories plus quizzes, etc...3-5 times per day?

He's amazing.

-Nemesis

Chris said...

Thanks Tara, and Nemesis.

Nemesis, to answer your question, yes, this is my job, just doesn't pay right now, that is coming soon. I'm lucky to have a wife who is giving me a chance to do what I want to do and supporting me/us financially until it becomes viable.

To be more specific, its been in, shall we say "traffic building mode", now it is getting ready to move into "get advertisers mode".

If ya ever want to know more just hit me up, I can give ya the whole back story if you want it.

I'm hoping it'll work out.