Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Middle of the Week Mélange

It being the middle of this holiday week, I thought I might mention my schedule around here, or lack thereof.

My place of employment is closed now through the 4th of January which leaves me to my own devices until then. I have a few movies I'd like to watch, a few books I'd like to read, and several posts I should write. Here's a bit of a list:

To read: Ted Kennedy's True Compass; Samuel Adams: A Life by Ira Stoll; The Lady in the Van and Three Stories by Alan Bennett; and Sarah Vowell's The Wordy Shipmates.

To watch: Ken Burns' The War; The National Parks: America's Best Idea; (500) Days of Summer; maybe start season 2 of The West Wing; and if I can somehow manage to wake up in time, tomorrow morning's historic Senate vote on health care reform.

To write: A few topics I've been needing to tackle include Ezra Pound, Tom Coburn's recent statement on the Senate floor about praying for the demise of another senator, something or a lot of things about party loyalty, and the recent decision by the Idaho State Board of Education to lift the 10% tuition hike cap in response to the state's (and country's) economic crisis.

Like any good list, I'm sure this is a bit optimistic and I won't find the motivation or time for it all, but hey, I get nearly two weeks off work and come Monday I'll have more time on my hands than I'll know what to do with. Plus, I'm supposed to take it easy while I have eleven days off from physical therapy. In addition to what I'll be reading, writing and watching, I am sure I'll be listening to a few new tunes including the soundtrack from Henry Poole Is Here that I've been wanting for ages and finally downloaded last night.

May you all have safe travels and a happy holiday weekend. See you all back here soon.

4 comments:

N. Speth said...

Yes I still need your thoughts on Pound.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Yes, and my thoughts are coming. I had to take a mental health break from Mr. Pound! ;)

N. Speth said...

Yeah he'll do that.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Nick, I have yet to find much Mr. Pound *is* good for!