Wednesday, December 30, 2009

TDIH: Steunenberg

As the History channel website is noting today, this day in history happens to be the day that Governor Frank Steunenberg (D-Idaho) was assassinated in 1905. The Steunenberg assassination and the "trial of the century" that followed represent a dark and chaotic time in Idaho political history. An indispensable source for Idaho historians and all those interested in this event is a blog called Idaho Meanderings: Steunenberg, Trial of the Century, Labor, Legal, Political History. Even that title doesn't do justice to the work of its writer justice. If you haven't taken a look at Idaho Meanderings before today, what are you waiting for? You don't have to be an historian to appreciate the work done for the wonderful site and all Idahoans would benefit from knowing a bit about our history.

2 comments:

John T. Richards Jr. said...

Tara:

You are so kind! I am afraid I have not been keeping up quite as well with my research and blog writing due to other work demands and the failing health of my 91 years young mother, Brenda Steunenberg Richards. Thank you for recognizing the significance of this day and for the positive review for my blog.
Regards, John
http://steunenberg.blogspot.com/

Tara A. Rowe said...

John, all good projects (historical, or otherwise) require some time away from them. I'm currently on a break from 2 projects I've been working on for several years and it is a wonderful relief to not be thinking/writing/researching those topics non-stop. I hope that your break is good for your writing and my most sincere well wishes to your mother.