Friday, June 18, 2010

TGIF Tunes

Editor's Note: What started out as a six week blogcation to finish a professional project turned into an absence of nearly three months. I've relocated, refocused and am hoping to be back in the blogging world full-time. Thanks for sticking around!



Here's Hanson, one of my guilty pleasures, performing "Thinking 'Bout Somethin'" on the Letterman Show.

The trio of brothers took a break between this June-released album, Shout It Out, and their previous album, The Walk, while middle brother Taylor formed another group. Taylor's group, Tinted Windows, is the bizarre team-up of Hanson and former members of Cheap Trick, Smashing Pumpkins, The Candles, and Fountains of Wayne. While Hanson is touring, something they've been in the news for, I'm not sure what is happening with Tinted Windows.

Another song (video here) from the new album that I love is "Kiss Me When You Come Home."

3 comments:

N. Speth said...

Welcome back!

Tara A. Rowe said...

Thanks, Nick! Guess who I took the time to discover and love in my absence? Sage Francis. Seriously!

N. Speth said...

LOVE Sage! He convinced me through one song to not listen to Eminem any more.

I just bought LI(F)E. Not sure how good it will be. I'll find out while running tomorrow.