Sunday, October 31, 2010

Skidding to a Loss

Nate Silver's latest numbers seem to confirm what I have suspected for weeks: Walt Minnick (D-Idaho) is going to lose his seat.


When Minnick loses the election Tuesday, his loss will be entirely of his own construction. Not a single thing his opponent's campaign has done will matter as much as Minnick's bigoted ads. They have turned off Democrats, Republicans, Independents and Libertarians. However, they don't seem to have turned off White Nationalists.

2 comments:

Wordsmith said...

Ya know - I'm not a big fan of Nate Silver.

First I find him creepy. And second - he shot his mouth last year about something (can't remember what; estrogen leak) and had to walk it back. It's just strange to me. Weird-ass strange.

Examining polls of what 1000 different Americans on different days said isn't my idea of reality. For instance - I've NEVER been polled. Nor have I ever had jury duty. EVER. And I've been alive with a land line & permanent address for a lonnnnggg time.

We'll see what happens.

208 said...

Sliver is spot on stats guy...nobody comes close to his analysis.

We can only hope he is absolutely right on. I worry that Idaho Democrats are going to accept him as the lesser of two evils.

Democarts who vote for Minnick are no less of a hypocrite than Minnick himself. It not easy to not vote for a Dem in Idaho but we need to let go of this one and know when to lose for the good of the future of modern democrats in Idaho.

If we don't make a stand for democratic values now then when?