Friday, March 25, 2011

Wrapping Up the Week

Despite it being a very busy, infuriating week in the Idaho Legislature, I haven't written anything original since Sunday. Not much of a reason for it either, other than I set up a Twitter account and I find that I can write my random, shortened thoughts there much easier than I can a long-form post here. Not a good excuse, I know, but you're welcome to take a look at my Twitter account anytime you'd like. I have several posts in the works, in draft form and floating around in my head, as I usually do. There are plenty of things I wanted to note this week, so I think I'll just make a list here and you can follow the links as you please. Some more important than others, of course. Without further ado:
  1. Chipper Jones says "somebody high-ranking in U.S. government" may have been behind the assassination of President Kennedy...yes, you read that right, Chipper Jones./ The Post Game
  2. Just in time for the one year anniversary of the passage of health care reform, Randy Stapilus lays out what reform has meant to Idaho./ "A strange kind of tyranny," Ridenbaugh Press
  3. Eddie Vedder is going on tour, a solo tour coinciding with his Ukulele Songs album./ LATimes
  4. One great thing about Twitter is that I can follow the always entertaining Torii Hunter of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Here's a great story about his enthusiasm for the Angels coming season./ MLB.com
  5. More bad news at Arlington National Cemetery--this time they appear to have lost track of plot bookings./ WaPo
That covers everything. National politics, baseball (twice), and music. Now if I could just find something constructive to say about the Idaho Legislature...

No comments :