Saturday, April 30, 2011

Smorgasbord Saturday

I mentioned that I'd like to take a break from the blog for awhile and though that still hasn't happened, I do still intend to have some sort of late spring/early summer break. I'm still working on the research for a post about Greg Mortenson and the Three Cups of Tea scandal. Until I have finished that up, I'll still be somewhat tied to the blog. Regardless, you can still find me on Twitter (though that place has been seriously taken over by baseball tweets).

Yesterday I highlighted the team-up of Brandi Carlile and Gregory Alan Isakov, though I'd been thinking about Journey ballads. Today I woke up with "Breakeven (Falling to Pieces)" in my head--I think it may have something to do with Xenia on NBC's The Voice this week--and listened to it a couple dozen times this morning. Who knows what music will catch me this afternoon when the Braves/Cardinals game is over on Fox. Something tells me it won't be Craig Kimbrel's new entrance music "Welcome to the Jungle." Perfect choice for "the most unhittable closer in baseball." After the week the Braves have had, maybe it should be Toby Keith's "Get My Drink On"...

One last note and then I'm going to get ready for the Braves/Cards game. Tomorrow night on 60 Minutes, Lara Logan will be returning to discuss her sexual assault in Cairo after the fall of President Hosni Mubarak there. What she has to say about these type of assaults and the under reporting surrounding them is very important. Please tune in.

No comments :