Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Music Tuesday



Glenn Campbell is back!

I don't know what I find more shocking, that he's back or that his new single is so good. Back in June, Campbell announced that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and that he hoped he would be able to go on one more tour before retiring from music for good. I didn't realize then that he'd be putting out new music and I honestly didn't expect that he'd actually be able to tour. Turns out I was wrong. The new single is no "Wichita Lineman" and Campbell, as far as I know, is still a Republican, but it served as a reminder of the days of my childhood when my grandfather would play Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams and Glenn Campbell on the radio.

Here's Campbell talking about his final album and here's a review of the album. The album Ghost On the Canvas is available today on iTunes.

No comments :