Saturday, September 17, 2011

Smorgasbord Saturday

My excitement about it being Constitution Day was dampened by the horribly sad news of Kara Kennedy's passing. I don't believe in curses, but the Kennedy family has sure had more than their share of heartache. Also sad to hear about Eleanor Mondale and Charles Percy. Percy's passing made me really think about what it meant to be a liberal Republican. Hardly possible in this day and age and certainly not the type of ideology that would be elected in the modern Republican Party. Arlen Specter always sort of reminded me of Percy.

Here's a round-up of links that are worth a read (things that caught my eye, topics that have been in the news, etc.):
Strangely enough, I haven't listened to any music today. Usually I listen to something as I start my day, but today I started my day with the kind of headache that actually sent me back to bed. I have been doing a great deal of Ezra Pound reading lately. I'd like to say that is what is causing my headache, but not even the craziness of Pound could cause the headache I had this morning. Headache or not, I did spend plenty of time yesterday trying to figure out what 'bunyah' meant. Pound's grasp of language, not just the English language, makes reading anything of his incredibly difficult. My vocabulary is by no means limited, it's just not even in the same universe as Mr. Pound. I'm not even sure that's a bad thing.

I'm always contemplating posts, in the rough draft stage or doing research on some post idea. Such is the case now, I've just been slow getting things completed due to not feeling well. Patience.

No comments :