Saturday, March 31, 2012

Countdown to the 1940 Census



If you follow me on Twitter, you surely know I've been amped up for the April 2, 2012 release of the 1940 United States Census records. The day is almost here and I'm told by the fine folks at the National Archives that the records will be live on their website at 9 a.m. (EST) Monday. And, the U.S. Census Bureau has a website dedicated to the 1940 Census and will begin the live unveiling at 8:30 a.m. (EST).

Unfortunately, the Census question that I am most interested in for one of my writing projects wasn't asked in 1940. In 1930, the Census contained a question about whether the resident was disabled, but in 1940 the question was not asked. Despite my disappointment with this fact, I remain excited for Monday's release of the records and have been looking forward to it since 2005.

Only two more days!

No comments :