Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Johnson Post's Milestone

From time to time a blog comes along that I simply can't get enough of. For me, The Johnson Post is one of those blogs. It is the perfect intersection of Idaho politics & history, national politics & history and baseball, yes, baseball. Sound familiar?

This week Marc Johnson, author and creator of The Johnson Post, mentioned that he had hit the 500 post milestone. Not only has he written 500 superb posts, all of them knowledgeable and interesting, he joined Twitter. Occasionally, I think about the people I wish were on Twitter and Marc Johnson has always been at the top of my list.

In celebration of the return of the baseball season The Johnson Post had an ode to catchers, Mickie Cochrane in particular. Now, Johnson may be a Giants fan, but don't hold that against him. He writes about baseball history with ease. He can write about a guy like the great Mickie Cochrane one day and the next take on the absurdity of Ozzie Guillen the next.

Johnson's background in politics allows him to comment on the current dynamics in Idaho in a way that few in the conversation can. Maybe this is my own background, but I look to The Johnson Post on a wide array of historical topics--both Idaho and U.S. He is the go-to for historical analysis.

As a young blogger, one with a great appreciation for history and the game of baseball, I hope I write just a fraction as articulately as Marc Johnson. As someone who has looked to The Johnson Post for all things history, politics and baseball 500 times since 2009, I hope that Marc sticks around for years to come.

Congratulations, Marc! Job well done.

No comments: