- "Patty Murray: Democrats' unlikely Iron Lady of the budget battle"/Michael McAuliff and Sabrina Siddiqui, Huffington Post
- "Idaho lawmaker Mark Patterson could lose weapons license over old Florida guilty plea [for assault with intent to rape]"/Dan Popkey, Idaho Statesman
- "That goddamned blue bird and me: How Twitter hijacked my mind"/Kathryn Schulz, New York Magazine
- "Executions stall as states seek different drugs"/Manny Fernandez, New York Times
- "Administration lawyers: We have to spy on you to protect your privacy"/Joan McCarter, dailyKos
- "Washington Nationals join MLB trend of first-time-managers"/Adam Kilgore, Washington Post
- "4 lesbian couples file to overturn Idaho's ban on same-sex marriage"/Dan Popkey, Idaho Statesman
I may recommend the Twitter story by Schulz to everyone I know and everyone who knows my Twitter obsession. It is that true to me.
If you read nothing else, please read the Popkey piece on Rep. Mark Patterson and his concealed carry permit application that brought to light his previous arrest for rape which he took a plea for the lesser assault with the intent to rape. It is stunning and infuriating. His potential loss of the concealed carry permit should come with it the loss of his seat in the Idaho legislature--his dishonesty on the matter is disturbing.