Sunday, November 10, 2013

On My Radar

It's been a big week in Idaho politics with the sitting Secretary of State announcing he will not run for re-election, a state legislator's previous guilty plea to assault with the intent to rape coming to light as his concealed carry permit was questioned, and the news that 4 Boise couples are stepping up to finally mount a challenge against Idaho's ban on marriage equality. But those are the only stories on my radar. Here are a few more:
There's something about the Patty Murray story that I find particularly fascinating and yet can't pinpoint. Western Democrats have been particularly strong on budget issues and Patty Murray is no exception. There's an x-factor with Murray as well, the component that I can't seem to place.

I may recommend the Twitter story by Schulz to everyone I know and everyone who knows my Twitter obsession. It is that true to me.

If you read nothing else, please read the Popkey piece on Rep. Mark Patterson and his concealed carry permit application that brought to light his previous arrest for rape which he took a plea for the lesser assault with the intent to rape. It is stunning and infuriating. His potential loss of the concealed carry permit should come with it the loss of his seat in the Idaho legislature--his dishonesty on the matter is disturbing.

No comments :